Values and Principles
350 values the power of creativity to raise awareness and drive change. We adhere to principles of nonviolence and strongly encourage actions that are driven by ‘people’s power’ in the fight for climate safety. Your action:
- Should be public and open for people of any background and identity to sign-up to and attend.
- Should encourage participants to adopt a dignified, open and friendly attitude towards each other as well as others they encounter.
- Should discourage violent behaviour by fellow demonstrators.
- Should encourage people to stay on message, focused on the issue of global climate change, and not co-opt or use the action for other agendas or goals in conflict with GDM.
- Should feature divestment messaging in alignment with our Theory of Change and, where possible, sensitively highlight the link between investments in fossil fuels and climate impacts.